Courses of study start each year in either the winter or summer semesters. For the following Bachelor degree programs you can only enroll in the winter semester: Jazz & Pop, Acting, Visual Theatre and Puppetry, Speechtraining/Speech Art, Elementary Music Pedagogy and Master Theory and Practice of Experimental Performance. You will be told the exact time of enrollment with your letter of acceptance. You need to comply with this enrollment term. When enrolling please hand in the following:

    • An official form of identification with a photo.
    • A certificate or some other proof of health insurance. It is obligatory for all students to have health insurance. If you do not pay your health insurance contributions you will be un-enrolled. Please tell us immediately if you change your health insurance.
    • Some proof of payment of the tuition fee. The fee consists of the tuition fee, the contribution to the Studierendenwerk and the registration fee.
    • International applicants have to ensure that they have a valid residence permit in addition to their university entry qualification. Please note this is your responsibility.

    If you fail to submit these documents as required and no later than the enrollment date, we will be able to revoke your acceptance to the university. In individual cases the rector’s decision on deadlines is final.

    Re-enrollment / Tuition Fees

    Temporary interruption of studies

    If you wish to apply for a temporary interruption of studies please do so before the start of the lecture period – by October 31th (WiSe) / April 23th (SoSe) at the latest. After that we will not be able to pay back your tuition fee. In case of any health issues, or pregnancy, it is possible to apply for a temporary interruption of studies after the start of the lecture period, you will, however, be expected to provide a medical certificate.

    Please submit your leave request exclusively through the Student Portal.

    Please be aware that you will still have to re-enroll and have to pay the Studentenwerk contribution as well as the processing fee, even in cases of a temporary interruption of studies.

    Extended studies or classes / exoneration from studies or classes

    Submit a reasoned request, signed by the major field of studies lecturer, to the pro-rector’s office.

    You can find application forms on the black metal shelves in front of the exams office, level 9, room 9.33 or on this site in the download box.  

    Change of university

    If you want to change university you will – together with your letter of acceptance – receive an invitation from the pro-rector for an evaluation of your skills. For more information please click here.